Monday, August 27, 2007

swamp shorts



I went down to Hilton Head for a couple days to hang with my mom. We had a pretty fun time. Kayaked with dolphins, had some really good dinners. Sat on the beach, you know southern stuff. I got some killer hunting glasses ala Hunter Thompson. It was just really nice to get outta the city for a bit. Sitting on the beach at 8am really calmed my thoughts. A storm was blowing in from the east and you could see the line of rain cutting across the horizon. Very peaceful.
I went to the Piggly Wiggly to get a couple snacks and realized that as far as brands, PW was really trying to set the bar for creating a cult following. For a grocery that's pretty bold. I mean Whole Foods has created a following through it's ethics, but PW is just a run of the mill gutter southern grocer. They had racks of shirts though, and coozies out the wazzoo. Funny PW toys and all kinds of stuff. I've never seen a safeway with a fan section. I succumbed to it too, and bought a great grey shirt with a big pink pig on it. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a funny t-shirt.

Pictures coming soon. I gotta go see the Phillies get thier ass kicked tonight so they'll be up tomorrow.

No comments: